Subject: Francoise Pollet
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 6 Dec 2008 21:35:58 EST

I have been listening to some older CD's that I have of the French soprano
Francoise Pollet.  I had fond memories of her and at one time thought she
would be the replacement for the great Crespin.  It never seems to have  happened
but I just went back to some of those CD's, in particular the French  album on
Erato and a CD of Italian arias by Verdi and Puccini.  There is so  much to
admire here.  The singing is big, generous, and very well  vocalized.  On top
of that it is a rich, beautiful voice, well controlled  and used with
sensitivity and beauty.  Does anyone on the list know what  has become of her?  Does
anyone have a clue as to why the career never  really took off?  It should have
been major - we could use her today.

There was another French soprano of the same generation - a pupil of  Crespin
- Isabelle Vernet who also seems to have vanished from the scene.   Anyone
know of what happened to her?

Thanks,

Don