Subject: Johann Strauss' Indigo
From: John Hebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:19:56 -0500

Greetings -

As a Johann Strauss fanatic, I have long treasured an old Urania LP
set of Strauss' "Indigo und die vierzig Rauber." (1001 Nights)

Groves lists the work as his first completed operetta (1871), so it is
not a pastiche.

It is a lovely score, but it is only fairly well sung by Herbert Ernst
Groh, Ilse Mentzel and others.

I have never seen another incarnation of this work, not on LP, CD or
DVD.

  Is anyone familiar with this operetta, this recording or any other
version?

Thanks in advance -

Cordially, John