Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: bob dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:58:54 +0100

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthday of Nikolaus Harnoncourt (1929).

Also, the following works premiered on this date:

Haydn's "Orlando Paladino" (1782)
Berlioz's "La Prise de Trois" (1890)
Millocker's "Der Bettelstudent" (1882)
Tchaikovsky's "Vakula the Smith" (1876)
Berlioz's "La Damnation de Faust" (1846)

Let us remember Hans Hotter (1909-2003) who passed away on this date.

The quote for today is: "I listened more than I studied... therefore little by little my knowledge and ability were developed."
Joseph Haydn.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nikolaus and all forum members who share their birthday with him.

ARTISTS' EVENTS salutes these artists for their enduring contributions to the world of classical music.

In memory of primo tenore Mario Lanza (31 January 1921-7 October 1959).

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
GAUDEAMUS IGITUR