Subject: Re: Adriana Maliponte
From: Ryun M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Dec 2008 04:26:03 -0500

Yes, I saw this lovely singer when she was singing the soprano lead in the
alternate cast of Gilbert Bécaud's Opéra d'Aran (Rosanna Cartieri was the
"big name") and she was marvelous. She also sang Bohème and other roles that
same year at the Opéra Comique.

Her performances at the Met were all very lovely. Especially memorable too
was her performance of IRIS in Newark -- I wish that there were a "pirate"
of that somewhere, it was extremely moving.

Have tried to find out where she is now, but it isn't easy.