Subject: Re: Dame Nellie Melba at her best - The Sydney Morning Herald
From: Tim Oldroyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Dec 2008 05:32:00 EST

This is a relief.  I don't have Stephen Cutler's technical knowledge  but I
thought - if that is the voice of a 43 year old soprano then my ears must
really be playing up !

1926 sounds much more likely.  Oddly enough i am currently reading her
autobiography.  An interesting and charming read. It may not be entirely  factual
but it gives a gentle glimpse into the era in which she lived and  performed.

Tim

In a message dated 04/12/2008 18:12:41 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]