Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: bob dilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:58:31 +0100

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

Jose Cura (1962)
Jose Carreras (1946)
Grace Moore (1898-1947)
Jeanette Scovatti (1936)
Louis de Froment (1921-1994)
Grancesco Geminiani (1687-1762)

Also, Rameau's "Zoroastra" premiered on this date in 1749.

Let us remember the following artists who passed away on this date:

John Pritchard (1921-1989)
Giuseppe Campora (1923-2004)
Karlheinz Stockhausen (1928-2007)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)

The quote for today is: "Yes, thanks to God... my life has a goal,
much more important than my artistic activities, that is the
struggle against Leukemia."  Jose Carreras.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artists for today
and all forum members who share their birthday with them.

ARTISTS' EVENTS salutes these artists for their enduring
contributions to the world of classical music.

In memory of primo tenore Mario Lanza (31 January 1921-7 October 1959).

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
GAUDEAMUS IGITUR