Subject: Vienna Staatsoper is #1
From: Dominic A <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 4 Dec 2008 08:59:40 -0500

There's an interesting little note on the main page of the Wiener Staatsoper
that reads as follows:

http://www.staatsoper.at/Content.Node2/en/index.php

**

Top international ranking

As reported in the Austrian newspaper DER STANDARD, a survey commissioned
by the Canton of Zurich has shown that by international comparison the
Vienna State Opera is superior to all other opera houses both economically
and with respect to the diversity of its repertoire. Vienna not only has the
highest self-financing ratio, but also an extremely high output of different
productions.

**

Has anyone read this article and/or have a link to it?  I searched through Der
Standard's website but wasn't able to find anything related (maybe my
German isn't good enough).  I'd be curious to see how the magazine ranked
the other houses.