Subject: Tosca / Milk
From: Mark Saltzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:01:03 -0800

Tosca seems to be the running thread of opera through "Milk": the new
Gus Van Zant movie.
I'm scratching my head -- what is the connection? Maybe, historically,
it was the opera that was playing in the land of Milk (and his honey)
the night Harvey was assassinated. Does anyone know?

And if Tosca was selected by the film's creators -- why? There's an
assassination in Tosca, but it's the bad guy who gets it.  I guess the
story behind Tosca really is centered on politics - like Harvey's life.
Any other thoughts?

(Oh, and a terrific movie, by the way.)

Mark