Subject: Re: Singer's Fees
From: SUZANNE TURLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:25:04 -0800

Very well put.

Many singers and conductors have personal assistants as well.  One does not have to have to be a super star to require one.  The assistant is the one who keeps tabs on all the minutia, like endless receipts and proofs for tax purposes, maybe they are in charge of the artist's website, and all sorts of housekeeping stuff that an artist on the road a lot cannot do. They do not travel with the artist in most  cases, they just keep things together. That is another expense, and well worth it.

Cheers,

Suzanne in SF