Subject: Re: Where was Peter Gelb last night?
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:10:14 -0500

Mr. Rahbeck said:
"Now I have heard a mafia story  about a tenor whom the mafia helped in
establishing his career. After his  career was established they wanted him to
sing at a small theater in  Italy, and he instead took another contract that
was in a very prestigious  situation, and after that he never sang again.
However I never heard of a  tenor getting whacked for singing badly. I would
be curious to know who."

(cough!) Um ... Mario Lanza?!?!