Subject: Re: More on the bi-lingual Tosca at the Wienerstaatsoper
From: Robert White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:39:42 -0500

Elisabeth Scharzkopf  was the singer being replaced.  I was at one of the part
German assumptions by  Lorengar.   Actually I think she had 2 performances with the
Italian percentage steadily rising.   Language or no, it was the 2nd season of the
production (I didnt move to the metro NYC area until the 2nd season of the
production (and the last season in the old house). Lorengar at an early arc on her
career --she had been going for about a decade, but the Met became a major stop for
her after Berlin.  And lucky for us Met regulars.

rww

--
Robert W. White
Executive Director