Subject: Re: A Puccini Self-Spoiler
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:50:01 -0500

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008, Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Tonight, I encountered an unusual variation on that dastardly deed. A film
> whose plot is a spoiler in itself... because there is nothing more to it...
> The filmmakers, it says here, "fascinatingly employ elements of pure cinema
> in this historical depiction of musical maestro Puccini and his possible
> extramarital dalliance with a housemaid.

Even a plot like that is not much of a plot.  Upon a recent visit to Torre Del
Lago, a colleague of mine said that half the men in the town look like Puccini
(suggesting he might be a common ancestor).  Not only that, but that "rumors"
were not exactly quiet.

Puccini probably had a number of housemaidens. :)

     blog:  http://www.nypl.org/blogs/bob-kosovsky
   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users