Subject: NPR Puzzle Quiz (finally an opera answer!)
From: Jerry Waldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:37:04 -0800

This weeks NPR Puzzle question is operatic and one I figured out the anwer instantly to!

Finally, an operatic answer.  Maybe intelligent crossword puzzlers tend to love opera and classical music more!  Can you guess what the answers are? (Hint: A truly legendary operatic artist!)

Name a famous singer from the past who has five letters in his or her
first name and six letters in the last. Rearrange the letters of the last name,
plus the last letter of the first name (seven letters in all) to name a place
where this singer famously performed. Who is the singer and what is the place?

Warm Regards to Opera Lovers,

Jerry Waldman

P.S.  I was suprised that Bob Rideout flamed my plangent description note because it comes from plangere which in Italian means exact what I said it does!