Subject: Re: Have some respect ,was Where was Gelb ?
From: Tony Converse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:18:41 -0500

It seems likely to me that at least some Listers either have been
performers or at least know some performers.

Have some respect for what it takes to get out there and do any major
role in any opera.

This attitude posted by many that they are "affronted" or "insulted" by
a major singer running aground in a particular instance is arrogant
bullshit.

Who the hell do you think you are ?  Do you think the artists who
perform for you are some sort of wind up toys ?
Do you think they are not more agonized than you if they fail in the
pinch ?

tony converse