Subject: Where was Peter Gelb last night?
From: Emily Webster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:46:06 -0500

Heppner's was the most offensive and unprofessional performance I have ever
witnessed on the MET stage, and I think the man is finished, but the blame
ultimately lies with the general manager.

Why didn't he stop the bloodbath? Gelb (or his second in command) had 4
hours to do something. Heppner cracked 28 times. A member of the audience in
Grand Tier was even heard in loud voice mocking the doomed tenor

The MET showed no respect for the audience last night and, in MET history,
November 21 will be a date which will live in infamy.

OPERA-L official website:
Modify your settings: