Subject: Where was Peter Gelb last night?
From: Emily Webster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:46:06 -0500

Heppner's was the most offensive and unprofessional performance I have ever
witnessed on the MET stage, and I think the man is finished, but the blame
ultimately lies with the general manager.

Why didn't he stop the bloodbath? Gelb (or his second in command) had 4
hours to do something. Heppner cracked 28 times. A member of the audience in
Grand Tier was even heard in loud voice mocking the doomed tenor
mid-performance.

The MET showed no respect for the audience last night and, in MET history,
November 21 will be a date which will live in infamy.