Subject: Re: Where was Gelb last night
From: Koraljka Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:07:08 -0500

I'll hate myself too...
The person who posted that also earlier went on about lyric tenors,
suggesting Lemeshev (which she misspelled) was a Gherman. Try
Nelepp, Atlantov, Grigorian, Gedda...
KL

>> Heppner's intention was to sing the rep that pays the most, regardless of
>> the fact that he is a lyric tenor.
>
>I will hate myself in the morning for even bothering to reply. But I am
frankly puzzled that someone would make a comment like this on a board of
presumed informed opera fans. I heard him this summer sing his first
Seigfried with Rattle and the Berlin Philharmonic and it was an
extraordinary privilege to have been in the audience. The rave reviews are
online in case anyone missed this news. Lyric tenor? The other thing is that
Heppner has shown no particular interest in maximizing his profits. Anyone
with minimal knowledge of his career will know this. But lack of knowledge
has never stopped postings here before and will not in the future.