Subject: Re: Friday night was nothing new for the Met
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 23 Nov 2008 07:58:37 EST

Yes, the Met has had a history, and so has every other major company.  I have
witnessed disasters with productions, singers and  conductors in just about
every opera company I attended in the US as  well as Europe. It is bound to
happen. The best and worst seem to happen with  the biggest companies, and the
bigger the season, the more likely the  disaster.
 I do however agree that unless we were there for the conversation,  and can
have one who can read a singer's mind, and know what the  management was
really dealing with that we are only speculating.
 " When everything goes right, opera is divine, but when  even some things go
wrong, opera is hell."
  John Rahbeck

In a message dated 11/23/2008 3:31:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,