Subject: Mad Men meet Mozart in Philly re-redux (and another correction)
From: Harry Abraham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Nov 2008 02:19:56 -0500

Yo Listerini,

Several hours ago I wrote:

 >The biggest problem was Don Giovanni, Evan Hughes, tonight, was an
actor playing Don Giovanni - where Elliot Madore was, from the moment he
first stepped onto the stage, Don Giovanni.  To my ears Madore's
conviction carried over to his singing which made him the better Donnie G.

This has gotten much too complicated.  Evan Hughes performed Friday
night and Elliot Madore performed Saturday night.  I had my Donnie G's
backwards in that sentence.  The paragraph should have read: The biggest
problem was Don Giovanni, , tonight, Elliot Madore was an actor playing
Don Giovanni - where Evan Hughes was, from the moment he first stepped
onto the stage, Don Giovanni.  To my ears Hughes' conviction carried
over to his singing which made him the better Donnie G.

David Shengold caught my error, and through gritting teeth, I offer my
gratitude.

--
Harry Abraham
Philadelphia, PA

"The cliffs over there, you look at it and it's almost painted for you,
you think until you try."  Georgia O'Keeffe, 1977