Subject: Re: hot damn-nation (long)
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:38:04 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2008 9:24:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<Next week we get to hear it on a radio  broadcast.

Frankly, I think I'll prefer it on the radio, because what I saw today  on
the HD broadcast certainly doesn't make me ever want to see it again.   I guess
there are people who consider various imagery shown during a wonderful  work
like Damnation to be art, but I didn't find the images compelling today  at all
and found they often distracted from the music and the glorious  performances
- especially by the Met chorus.  Indeed, if this is what  LePage's work is
like, I say bring back Robert Wilson.  While decidedly  unpopular, his work at
least doesn't conflict with the music and the story as  does LePage's in
today's Damnation.

Greg  Fitzmaurice
Durham, NC

OPERA-L official website: