Subject: Queen of Spades premiere
From: Mike Begley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:30:38 -0500

Well to answer the actual question on the post - I would sort of
expect that Gelb was in the house for the premiere of an important
revival featuring the return to the MET podium of an important (though
in my mind, overrated) conductor.  If he was not, shame on him.

I do not know what went on backstage last night.  What I do know is
that it is the responsibility of the General Manager to make sure that
such a travesty is not inflicted on an audience paying MET prices.
There's not much you can do in the middle of a scene, but the fact
that Heppner was allowed to continue speaks very poorly for the
general manager and his staff.
Mike Begley