Subject: Re: A pleasant Faust experience!
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:44:32 -0500

Have my ears deceived me?  All these praises for Giordani and I felt that he
was mediocre at best.  I further think that he is a misfit for the role that is a
natural for Alagna in my book.  I also loved Relyea in the role.  No, he's not
Ramey but his devilish expressions and prancing around were very satisfactory
in my book.  Graham was simply lovely voiced as usual and delightful as
Marguerite.
Oh well -- different ears, different strokes.
But the performance today was just glorious.  Such imagination, such a
wonderful chorus.  Kudos to Jeemy.  He did himself proud.