Subject: Re: Where was Peter Gelb last night?
From: Mark Hite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:32:48 -0500

If indeed a cover was standing by, as you "understand", and was able to
go on, then it was the Met's decision not to use him, not Mr. Heppner's.
The only arrogance I see here is that of someone who thinks they can
possibly know what an artist's intentions were in performing and
spreading this speculation around as if it were fact.