Subject: Re: Gramophone's ranking of the top 20 orchestras
From: "J.C. Fretz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Nov 2008 21:54:20 -0500

"I would hardly call the list "Silly" ! The Gramophone is a most eminent
publication and the best of its kind in the world. Perhaps if you read it on
a regular basis you would not use the word "Silly" ??" - Neville Sumpter

No, it's silly and self-serving.  There was a time when I subscribed and did
read it on a regular basis; but this was at a time when the quality of
writing was far superior to what it has sunk to of late.