Subject: Re: Recording reference material - CLOR
From: Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:26:46 -0800

The following was sent to me privately from the author of CLOR. I have
asked for permission to quote the entire post; without that, I am
offering portions of his message. I have no doubt of his correctness and
have confirmed much of it - to my advantage. The search engine is
remarkable.

*****

CLOR is not, I repeat not a DOS program, but a 32-bit WINDOWS program
that writes to a text screen rather than to the graphic screen that is
generated by the GUI.

There is a mini version or sampler on the web, OPERADIS, but this is no
more than a collection of interlinked files in HTML (like many other
websites). All these files are generated by CLOR and then uploaded.
OPERADIS contains much less information than CLOR and is not indexed.
CLOR, on the other hand, has composer, title, conductor, singer and
singer-with-singer indexes.

Both CLOR and OPERADIS are updated every two months. Neither is a list
of every recording. To obtain a copy of CLOR it is necessary to download
the image file from the OPERADIS website and burn it on to a CD-ROM.

                 http://www.operadis-opera-discography.org.uk

Mike
--
http://www.mrichter.com/