Subject: Re: Nicholas Loren (was Re: Amy Johnson
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:58:17 -0500

I have some privately-cut CDs made by Nick Loren of arias in both tenor &
baritone vocal ranges.  The man was really excellent in both categories.
The surprising thing, at least to my ears, is that while singing tenor, Nick
had a true tenor sound & not that of a "pushed up baritone".  On the other
hand, as baritone, it is a full, robust, true baritonal sound.

It is unfortunate that he did, indeed, retire at a rather early age!

DonPaolo