Subject: Re: tenor wearing earpiece for prompting
From: Kirsten Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:34:41 -0800

Does Seiffert have trouble remembering the words? Perhaps trouble hearing
the prompter?
Could remembering the text German be harder for German speakers?

I recall a Tannhaeuser rehearsal I attended when Seiffert just went blank in
the middle of the scene with Venus. The staging was such that it was the
scene when Venus who was wearing only a large bath towel, slowly opened up
her towel when Seiffert went speechless so to speak so I thought at first it
was some silly stage direction. He did fine during the real performances and
I really liked him in the role.

Kirsten Lee