Subject: Tristan dress rehearsal yesterday
From: Angelo Mammano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:41:11 -0500

One gent seated at the back of the orchestra section seated near me spoke
up at the start of the Tristan Act 111 for all to hear - "This is the longest
dress rehearsal I have ever been to".  Did we need that during the beautiful
music that begins this act?  No sir we didn't.  Nevertheless, it was a long and
most beautiful afternoon.  One great thing about the rehearsals, (and my first
rehearsal at the Met was at the old house -for Boheme with Freni and
Raimondi)- the audience does not interrupt the music with applause.
I expect nothing but raves from the chief music critic of the Times.

ANGELO FROM BOSTON