Subject: The Met Opera Shop - calendars and merchandise
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:34:19 EST

Some listers have written me to ask if there is a new wall calendar which  is
sold in the new Met Opera Shop. The answer is yes. A handsome one with the
Damnation of Faust logo (the charging horse) on the cover. My suggestion is to
call the shop directly at 212-799-3100 (the Met switchboard -- ask for the
gift  shop). This is a new start up for them and they are still learning the
ropes.  Merchandising used to be in the hands of the Met Opera Guild and the
Opera  Company has, for the first time ever (or at least in modern times), taken
this  upon themselves and they are playing catch up with new buyers, sales
personnel,  etc. I met several of them yesterday and they are very nice.They have
some great  new merchandise lines that should be popular.
such as an  interesting new line of gourmet chocolate gifts made exclusively
for them, with  their logo and I have one of these opera boxes  on my desk as
I write this.  I also bought a box of mints with the Damnation of Faust logo
on  it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

James Camner