Subject: Winterreise-- with tempos on the fast side?
From: "Conrad, Stephen A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:39:16 -0500

In listening to the famous recording of Winterreise made by Gerhard Huesch in 1933, I remark not only on its celebrated directness but also at the many songs sung at a faster tempo that I have encountered on all the other recordings/performances I have heard.  Are there other notably brisk traversals of this work in your experience/ record collection?

OPERA-L official website:
Modify your settings: