Subject: The New Metropolitan Opera Gift Shop
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:55:44 EST

Today I went to the box office to make an exchange and had the privilege of
seeing the new Metropolitan Opera Gift Shop which was having its first full
day  of business.

I've seen every gift shop in the Met since 1968 -- there have been several
incarnations, and this is by far the nicest, the best laid out, and the most
interesting, merchandise wise. It took them a while, but they really got this
right I think. Particularly nice is the layout of the CDs, the most user
friendly I've seen.

I was fascinated by the Sirius radio merchandise. They had sleek and
tempting MP3 players and receivers (Ipod size) that can not only receive the
broadcasts, but can record them at the same time. Some of these players have a  large
storage capacity. They had a multitude of choices and I found them all  very
tempting.

James Camner