Subject: Re: Bravo Ben !
From: Henson Keys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Nov 2008 07:59:45 -0600

> I listened last night and was pleasantly surprised (amazed really) at the
> tonal beauty that Heppner achieved just a few days following the meltdown.
>  I am very glad for him and for the entire Queen of Spades company.

     Still, I think we have to reserve judgment until we hear if Heppner can
maintain some level of consistency during this run.  Audiences will continue
to come with trepidation to his performances until that can be established.
     I've heard great nights from Heppner (Tristan in Chicago, two concerts
in Urbana) and awful ones (Otello).  I hope his vocal recovery is more than

OPERA-L official website:
Modify your settings: