Subject: hd damnation
From: Mike Hetsko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:52:47 -0500

Damnation number 2 today in that I went to the HD performance.  The music itself is really quite marvelous.  A top notch score.  I even find myself liking the production more this time.  Giordani sounded better this afternoon than the primo night at the house which I attended.  Susan Graham, just great.  What a fine job she did both vocally and dramatically as Marguerite.

I think the production almost actually worked.  Yes, a bit too two dimensional, but the format allowed for rapid scene changes- which is a good thing.

I go back to the house to see it Tuesday and I am looking forward.

Glad I missed Tchaikovsky on Friday night.  the posts about it remind me of the night in 19..............................................................

Mike Hetsko

OPERA-L official website:
Modify your settings: