Subject: Where was peter Gelb?
From: Roberta Prada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:43:06 -0500

So - casting a heldentenor in a dramatic role? Whose idea was that/ What
about Guleghina - after Abigaille. Lady Mc, Norma, etc, there is  generally
no turning back, and I think hers was a lyric role as well.Is not Jimmy
Levine the artistic director? Who does the casting? Who goes to rehearsals
and reports back? Lots of missing in action here.

Mercifully I fell asleep for part of it. I just checked out!

I didn't count because I have never heard mere than two stecche in a
performance.

RP