Subject: Re: Suor Angelica's Flower aria (Expanded with upload)
From: Lindoro Almaviva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:34:36 -0800

Hello all:

I am going to use my last post of the day to expand on my earlier post that did not have the correct heading (My apologies)

For those interested in watching a clip of this aria, I posted it several months ago in my YouTube page. It is from the La Scala telecast of the opera with Barbara Fritolli. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RlEGtWLD4

(I also noticed that someone already posted the link before I did, Thanks)

While you are at it, if you are interested, I have also posted on my page several more operatic excerpts for your enjoyment:

(http://www.youtube.com/user/tenore23)

Patricia Wise singing Nanneta's aria
Boheme Excerpts from Sydney (not the one with Hobson)
Faust from Philly with Alain Vanzo, James Morris and Valerie Masterson
Lella Curbelly as Contessa Almaviva
Soile Isokoski singing the 4 last songs
Mad Scene from Lucia di lammermoor with Mariela Devia
Ballo in Maschera excepts with Angela Brown and Ludovic Tetzier
Final Scene from Dialogues of the Carmelites from the Met telecast

Now for the expansion. I happen to have both the La Scala and the LA performances recorded. I have posted both on RapidShare for those interested on hearing a performance that incorporates the section. I think that opinions are better formed after we hear how the music flows into and from the Flower aria. Here is the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/167056056/Suor_Angelica.zip.html

And here are the cast lists for both performances:

LA Opera

Broadcast Date: September 6, 2008
Sister Angelica Sondra Radvanovsky
The Princess Larissa Diadkova
Sister Genovieffa Jennifer Black
The Monitress Tichina Vaughn
The Mistress of Catherine Keen
The Abbess Ronnita Miller

La Scala:

Broadcast date: March 13th 2008
Suor Angelica, Barbara Frittoli
La zia principessa, Mariana Lipovaek
La badessa, Cinzia De Mola
La suora zelatrice, Anita Raveli
La maestra delle novizie, Alessandra Palomba
Suor Genoveffa, Francesca Sassu
Suor Osmina, Francesca Garbi
Suor Dolcina, Carla Di Censo
La suora infermiera, Dionisia Di Vico
Prima cercatrice, Sae Kyung Rim
Seconda cercatrice, Adelina Scarabelli
Una novizia, Irina Kapanadze
Prima conversa, Anna Zoroberto
Seconda conversa, Sabina Cacioppo

It is all there for your enjoyment.
Lindoro

Lindoro Almaviva
Primo Tenore Assolutissimo
"The vocal life of a soprano has four stages:
  1. Bel canto, 2. Can belto, 3.Can't belto, 4. Can't canto..."