Subject: Re: Luigi Infantino, the best Lindoro on a "complete" BARBIERE recording?
From: Neville Sumpter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:08:17 +0100

Hi Steve and All
Yes I would agree with you about Luigi Infantino. I was lucky enough to see
him in Barbiere way back in 1949 with Paolo Silveri as Figaro, Victoria
Palombini as Berta, Ian Wallace as Dr Bartolo, Andrea Mongelli as Basilio
and a wonderful Rosina Graciela Rivera who I heard  nothing of since but
discovered she was from Puerto Rico! It was conducted by Alberto Erede and I
don't think you would hear a performance as good as that today
Thanks Neville in England