Subject: Re: Seattle Opera's 2nd International Wagner Competition
From: Helene Kaplan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Aug 2008 02:13:43 -0400

Philippa Kiraly reviewed the competition for the "Seattle Post-Intelligencer":
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/classical/375343_wagner18q.html

and "The Seattle Times" has posted videos of one piece from each
contestant, with a chance to vote for a favorite:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/flatpages/entertainment/wagnercompetition.
html

(I would have picked Deborah Humble's "Waltraute's Narrative" but I think
they've chosen the better selection for each of the others.)

Helene Kaplan
Seattle/Vancouver