Subject: the Met and prices
From: Dorothea Penizek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:13:32 +0200

How "money mad" the Met is !  Every time any of us of pay the "outrageous"
prices to attend ( check out prices in Vienna, ROH etc.) some Patron is
picking up the 40 something % cost above the ticket revenue putting on that
performance costs.

Get real people !

You'd better believe it!  I was at the old Met in the 50's and 60's for
free---In Bing's box, as he was a friend of my father's.

I sit in the gallery at the Vienna Opera for ten Euros. Best acoustics up
there. Or I buy a seat for the same price in the second row of the
proscenium box.

Dorothea Penižek
www.claremorris-parson-russells.at