Re: Amplified musicals - Cockeyed Optimist reprise?

Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:44:34 EDT

text/plain

<<Christopher Caleffi wrote:
<<I am not sure what the exact definition of a standard duet is, but they do
sing together in a harmonized, crafted finale duet. It is a reprise of
Nellie's song, "A Cockeyed Optimist."

Correct if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Mary Martin had it in her
contract that she and Pinza would NOT sing together, i.e. at the same time. I
don't recall the above at all.

Greg

Greg Fitzmaurice
Durham, NC