Re: audio DVDs - Tosca

Greg Fitzmaurice <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 22 Sep 2007 21:20:04 EDT

text/plain

In a message dated 9/22/2007 6:35:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<The set consists of 3 CDs, one DVD and quite an elaborate booklet
with background information as well as the libretto.

But the cost and space savings would result of having just a DVD. I suppose
people would expect to be able to play the recordings on their CD players
and then be upset when they wouldn't play.

I've considered buying DVDs of operas just to listen to and to ignore the
video content most of the time. I usually listen to recordings while doing
something else (like reading and writing emails), so just the audio is
sufficient. Also, a DVD of an opera is frequently cheaper than the same or similar
performance on CDs.

Greg

--
Greg Fitzmaurice