Subject: Jane Eaglen/Personal Choice
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:13:12 EST

I could possibly have missed this already having been discussed, in the
Eaglen thread, but I was under the impression that Eaglen's lack of presence on
the international opera scene over the past few years is at least due
partially to her having chosen this.

I don't know her, but I had heard from more than one source that  Eaglen
really didn't like all the travelling, that she had met  a man/fallen in
love/married, and settled in a town she loved,  Seattle.  If she now chooses to limit
her performing, and do other things  relevant to the opera world, I say good
for her and more power to her, if she's  happy.  Bad for those of us who wish
she had continued and kept her voice  in tip-top shape - - it was one of the
loveliest Wagnerian voices I'd ever  heard, when she was in good voice.  But I
can understand her wanting to do  something else.

QC

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org