Subject: Re: Composer/Classical Music Films
From: michael tuffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:29:40 +0200

The only ones that are worth seeing are the Delius and Elgar, the latter
having a marvellous cinematic depiction of the rolling Malvern Hills to the
music of the Introduction and Allegro - an image which has stayed with me
from my first days as a professional musician.  Thoroughly recommended and I
am so glad to see they are now on DVD.  Do not touch any the others - they
are appalling, especially the Tchaikowsky and the Mahler - no, hang on, they
are all awful [as was The Boy Friend].
Cheers!
Michael Tuffin