Subject: Re: Operas on Sirius thus far
From: Stephen Cutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:06:45 -0500

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:07:45 -0500, Peter J. Binkert <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>Below is a list, by composer, of the historic broadcasts on Sirius thus
>far.  Sorry, if I got anything wrong.  I thought folks might be
>interested in the distribution of composers and operas.

Paul Jackson's two beautifully produced books on the broadcasts from the
old Met have really come into their own since these Sirius broadcasts
started. They are still in print in the US, though I think no longer in
the UK, and I thoroughly recommend them as a guide.

"Saturday Afternoons at the Old Met: The Metropolitan Opera Broadcasts,
1931-1950"

and

"Sign-Off for the Old Met: The Metropolitan Opera Broadcasts, 1950-1966"

Stephen Cutler
Dorking, England

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org