Subject: Re: Menotti: Maria Golivin, The Last Savage and The Old Maid and the Thief CD Recordings
From: Philip Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:50:48 -0500

Peter Trotter wrote:

>For years I have been doing Google searches on Maria Golovin for a CD recording and eventually my efforts were rewarded. I am truly thrilled with the CD.

As I recall, there was a television production of this work -- perhaps
an NBC Opera performance?  I remember enjoying it, though most people I
knew were disappointed that it wasn't another "Amahl".  Does anyone
remember this performance and the names of the cast?

Best,

Philip Walsh
Ottawa, Canada

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org