Subject: ARTISTS' EVENTS!!
From: Peggy Bourque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:41:45 -0000

Forsooth Opera Lovers!

Today we can celebrate the birthdays of:

    Rene Kollo (1937)
    Ruth Laredo (1937-2005)
    Barbara Hendricks (1948)

Also, the following works premiered on this date:

    Beethoven's "Fidelio" (1805)
    Massenet's "Griselidis" (1901)
    Mahler's "Das Lied von der Erde" (1911)

Let us remember the following artists who passed away on this date:

    James King (1925-2005)
    Francesco Cilea (1866-1950)
    Aanton Rubinstein (1829-1894)

The quote for today is: "Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom
and philosophy."  Ludwig van Beethoven.

As always, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our birthday artists for today and
all forum members who share their birthday with them.

JUSSI LIVES and RULES!!

Pace e Gioia,

Bob Dilley
GAUDEAMUS IGITUR