Re: Il Crociatto in Egitto

Gualtier Malde <[log in to unmask]>

=?windows-1252?Q?Gualtier_Malde?= <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:54:06 -0500

text/plain

The Opera Rara recording is a major achievement and is more than complete -
 it has a whole CD of alternate arias and scenes that Meyerbeer fashioned
for later productions starring such singers as Nicola Tacchinardi,
Giuditta Pasta, Maria Malibran and Carolina Bassi. I got mine through MDT
in the UK.

The 1979 performance with Yvonne Kenny, Felicity Palmer, Rockwell Blake
and Justino Diaz is quite good but the sound (taken from a Voce LP set) is
dim.

There also exists out there (I have it but haven't listened to it yet) an
LP recording of an earlier Opera Rara concert with Janet Price and
Patricia Kern. Janet Price is always worth a listen!

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org