Subject: Spamming From Opera-L
From: Bel Canto Society <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:19:31 -0400

Spamming From Opera-L

Mr. Ralph seems to have an erroreous idea of what constitutes Spam. As
required by law, we send out a "permissions letter," also known as an
"Opt-out" letter, to those whose e-mail addresses have been passed on to us
by friends. Many people send e-mailings to people they know who are
interested in the same topic. Well-wishers sometimes provide us with such
lists. In connection with Opera-L, this began about a month ago when Bob
Kosovsky very kindly posted one of our newsletters, about composer Saverio
Mercadante, on this board. I began to post here as well; at the bottom of my
posts I often provided sign-up information for the newsletter. Many of you
responded, for which I thank you.

Here is a copy of our permissions letter:

Bel Canto Society does not wish to send any unwanted e-mail. To unsubscribe,
simply click
on the link at the very bottom of this letter or reply with "remove" as the
subject heading.

Bel Canto Society Newsletter

A free e-newsletter for opera lovers

Bel Canto Society would like to send you a free e-newsletter:

Articles:

*	José Soler and the differences between heroic and dramatic tenors

*	Fernando Corena and the differences between the two kinds of basso
buffo,
	nobile and caricato

*	The history of vibrato in singing

*	Franco Corelli: the missing years

*	Mario Del Monaco and his rivalry with Corelli

*	Jerome Hines

*	Francisco Araiza

*	Robert Merrill

*	Sherrill Milnes

*	Gigliola Frazzoni

*	Marcella Pobbe

*	Composers Valentino and Vincenzo Fioravanti

*	Composer Saverio Mercadante

*	Composer Giovanni Pacini

*	Composers Federico and Luigi Ricci

*	Composer Nicola Vaccai

*	Music in the Third Reich

*	Wilhelm Furtwängler's collaboration with the Nazis

*	Underground opera in New York City: The singers in small companies

DVD offers featuring Callas, Caniglia, Corelli, Del Monaco, Gigli, Gobbi,
Mancini, Grace Moore, Joseph Schmidt, Schipa, Tauber, Valletti and many
others

Four popular DVD titles are:

*	Carnegie Hall, with Heifetz, Peerce, Pinza, Pons, Reiner, Rodzinski,
Rostropovich, Rubinstein, Risë Stevens, Stokowski and Bruno Walter

*	The Dybbuk, with Gerszon Sirota

*	Moonlight Sonata, with Paderewski

*	Great Conductors of the Third Reich: Art in the Service of Evil,
with Blech, Böhm, Furtwängler, Karajan, Knappertsbusch, Krauss, Schillings,
also Hitler, Goebbels, Berger, Ralf, Rode and Rosvaenge

CD offers featuring Barbieri, Bastianini, Björling, Cerquetti, Christoff,
Cigna, Corelli, Del Monaco, Stella and Tebaldi and Rossini’s Rivals: Music
by Then-Famous, Now-Obscure, Italian Composers

News of free Webcasts: currently available on our site are interviews with
Araiza, Bergonzi, Corelli and Hines, also two complete recordings of Il
trovatore, starring rival tenors Merli and Pertile, with Scacciati, Minghini
Cattaneo and Granforte

Poster offers featuring Callas, Corelli, also old Italian opera posters

	Warmest wishes,

	Stefan Zucker

For our homepage click on www.BelCantoSociety.org
<http://www.belcantosociety.org/> .
For our singers' index click here
<http://www.belcantosociety.org/pages/singers_cart.html> .

Telephone orders:
1-800-347-5056 (North America)
212-877-5813 (international)
9 AM-5 PM New York time, Monday-Friday

Bel Canto Society
11 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10023

Again, let me emphasize, we don't wish to send out unwelcome e-mail and have
made it as easy as possible to unsubscribe.

Bel Canto Society is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt, educational New York
corporation. Our treasurer is Chief Judge (retired) Nahum Litt. We stay
within the law.

Sincerely,

Stefan Zucker

To subscribe to Bel Canto Society's free e-newsletter please click
http://www.belcantosociety.org/pages/newsletter_signup.html
<http://www.belcantosociety.org/pages/newsletter_signup.html>

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org