Subject: I still say it is a miracle!!!!
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:21:19 EDT

  i have brought this up before...but I must again stop and think to myself
that we have access to thousands of live performances...unspliced...and RARELY
are there genuine flubs...cracks...etc....showing how these professionals,
even if we do not care for their voice quality and/or interpretation,etc..MAKE
IT!!!
 Now the Met is broadcasting a lot of live performances..Are the singers
upset that they might not be at their best? I tend to think that this "miracle'
will still continue because they have the ability to get out there and perform
for the most part, quite competently,if not magnificently.
          Let us see how this new idea works..and if the same level of
competency (I say "miracle") will prevail.

Charlie

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org