Subject: Re: another puppet Trouble
From: Donna Kepler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:00:51 -0400

"... I didn't know what to make of it. It was a very stylized production
but I don't know who the director was or what the intention was..."

That's the problem with a lot of modern productions.  The director
throws in a lot of unnecessary stuff to make a "statement" that nobody
understands.  So what's the point?  And it doesn't help much for the
director to write a two-page explanation of his intentions in the
program, because many people don't have time to read it before the opera
begins anyway.

Donna

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org