Subject: Re: Jan-Hendrik Rootering
From: Chris Mullins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:28:14 -0500

There's a fun interview with this singer in the Nov/Dec OPERA NOW. I
recommend it especially for Rootering's explanation of what he learned from
singing from a dog's anus.

I know what you're thinking.

"Oh I know WHO he means by that."

Several candidates right on this forum come to mind.

But NO! He actually means a dog's anus. Curious? Buy the issue!

I really like OPERA NOW. It comes out every two months, but has three times
more to read than the typical OPERA NEWS. I'd read the magazine OPERA more
often but the subscription cost makies me gag and I haven't seen it
available anywhere in LA. If I am at the Met I buy an issue or two in the
gift shop. Tower carries OPERA NOW.

By the way, in the editor's opening salva, he tears into Gheorghiu for
a "tawdry performance" at the Valencia Gala (claims she kept her head in a
score - hey! at least she can read music).

C Mullins (awaiting the SFO and LAO next season announcements over the next
few days)

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org