Subject: Re: Here we go again,,,agreement concerning terminology
From: Paul Ricchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:00:50 EST

I think that in this discussion we must distinguish between the  (a) ability
to produce sounds of musical value in continuous 1/2 tone steps  over x
octaves and (b) the ability to produce random sounds that match some  of these
tones. To my way of thinking only (a) meets the definition of  the "range" of a
voice.

Paul  Ricchi
Boston

                    http://www.OPERA-L.org